Barbie Illustrations by Robert Best – A Wall Calendar for 2014

Barbie Illustrations by Robert Best - A Wall Calendar for 2014One of the problems with Christmas shopping is that I find so many things I want for myself. This year I tried to be very disciplined, but one thing I just couldn’t pass up was this beautiful Barbie Wall Calendar for 2014. It features thirteen, large scale, full color Barbie illustrations by Robert Best. Personally I think Robert is one of the most talented doll designers and fashion illustrators in the world. His drawings are done in the classic Parsons School of Design style but he adds his own charming Barbie doll flare. Having worked with him in Barbie Collector I promise you it was somewhat intimidating. My fashion illustrations are cute, but Robert’s are just gorgeous.

My little home studioTrue story: Before Robert started working at Mattel I found some of his Barbie Doll illustrations in Barbie Bazaar. I was so taken by them that I tore out the pages and pinned them to my cubicle wall for daily inspiration. Then one day he walked by and saw them there. I was kind of embarrassed, but thrilled that the artist was now one of my co-workers. Fast forward a few years and once again I have his illustrations pinned to my inspiration wall. Some things change, but I will always be enamored of Robert’s work! Here are some more shots of the beautiful fashion illustrations in the 2014 Barbie Calendar.

Barbie illustrations Robert Best Calendar

Barbie illustrations Robert Best Calendar

Barbie illustrations Robert Best Calendar

Whats on your inspiration wall?

Comments (9)

1. January 7, 2014 - 5:59 AM

Hi Heather,

My daughter loves Barbie and all of the things related to her. She is about ten years of age.
    Even though she is still a child but she likes clothes designing. So she often draws clothes, gown, long dresses etc.
    Thank you for sharing this nice posting.

• January 14, 2014 - 7:34 PM

Hi Heru, I’m so glad to hear that your daughter likes Barbie and designing clothing. I was the same way when I was little! Now I’m all grown up but I’m still drawing and designing clothes. My own daughter isn’t nearly as into it as I was, so it’s nice to hear that there are other girls out there who love it too.

2. January 14, 2014 - 8:26 PM

Wow! Amazing and intimidating!

• January 29, 2014 - 7:29 PM

I know! I remember showing my designs along Robert’s – it didn’t happen often at Mattel but it did happen at least once. I was embarrassed to turn mine around and show everyone. His are soooooo beautiful.

3. January 22, 2014 - 2:05 AM

They are just so gorgeous. Very lovely barbie illustrations artwork, I like how the manner in which the hair and eyes are drawn. I’m a doll enthusiast as well, I would like to eagerly collect more of his prints to finish my wall, his illustrations have stolen my heart. 🙂

4. Jeny Makatita
    May 28, 2014 - 2:10 AM

Hi Heather,

My name is Jeny and I live in Jakarta (Indonesia). I am sooo loving those barbie illustrations, I think they’re beautiful.

I was wondering where could I order it from?

Thank you.
    Jeny

• June 9, 2014 - 2:40 PM

Hi Jeny,

I’m so glad you like the illustrations. I don’t actually know where you can order them for shipping to indonesia, but I’m pretty sure you can order the calendar on Amazon.com.

5. Pingback: Thoughts on a Tidy Creative Space