I’m so excited that my post on “Balenciaga in Spain” made the weekly top stories over at Independent Fashion Bloggers. Unfortunately, I was out of town when I found out, and without computer access as well. So here it is, a little late I’m afraid, with the other articles that made the grade on August 4th. Enjoy!
No matter how many trends sweep through the fashion world, the timeless looks of fashion’s most beloved icons are always in style. This week’s Links a la mode gives a nod to iconic visionaries and brands–both old, new and on the rise. Can you think of anyone else you’d rather hang out with… or have in your Google+ circle?
LINKS À LA MODE: AUGUST 4TH
- A Prettier Place: Jean Paul Gaultier • Retrospective
- An Old Story: The 90?s Are All That
- Best of Bklyn: Giving Back Fashionably
- Castle Fashion: Shoe profile for All Saints Heels
- Cosmolawlitan: The Kate Effect? Fashion Icons and Their Influence on Consumer Behavior
- DignityZine: Iconoclass: Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. Get the modern day look for under $100!
- Dress Code: High Fashion: Inspiring fashion since over 50 years: Alfred Hitchcock`s blondes
- Dressful: It’s not WHAT you wear, it’s HOW you wear it
- Fashables: So… I think She’s a Model
- Fashion is Evolution: This new installment of my favorite feature (Fictional Fashion Icon) is all about Margot Tenenbaum.
- Fashioned by Love: Fashion legend: Jeanne Lanvin
- Fumiko Kawa: [inspiration] Alexander Wang F/W 2011 shoe
- Heather Fonseca: Balenciaga and Spain
- Her Majestys Glam: How to: Make-Up Like Marilyn
- IFB: Google+ for Fashion Bloggers
- Kyoto Maiko: The Absence of Ivy
- Lady In Lycra: Everybody Talks About My Blog. A tribute to my new fave t-shirt
- Simplyfrabulous: Shoes and art, when a heel become a “chef d’oeuvre”
- Sometimes Almost Always: LA DJ Fashion
- Style Ceviche: The beautiful Sasha Pivovarova
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine