Would you wear a Barbie Necklace?

My friend Stephanie wore this Barbie necklace when I met her and some other friends for lunch.  She purchased it on Etsy. I love the mix of plastic roses, classic Barbie profile and miniature mirrors.  I like the idea of wearing a Barbie Necklace, so I thought I’d check out Etsy to see if there were any more interesting looking doll-themed necklaces to buy. Of course there are. Here are a few I thought were especially cute.

Barbie Necklace in Resin
Barbie Necklace from Resin Art Nation on Etsy

I have a number of Vintage Barbie reproduction dolls on display in my studio. I wonder if I should wear her around too? This resin pendant is studded with rhinestones. It seems appropriate for a sparkly doll like Barbie. You can buy it and others like it at Resin Art Nation on Etsy.

Neon Barbie Accessory Necklace

Barbie Necklace from Chinny Flinny Jewelry on EtsyChinny Flinny Jewelry makes some over the top Barbie jewelry, like this wild Neon Necklace. I see tall boots, purses and even a kitty cat. Though I’m not sure all those doll accessories were made by Mattel – Do I spy a mini Bratz Charm under the hat bag? This is just one of many fun items. See her shop by clicking here.

Barbie Shoes as Charms

Barbie Shoe Necklace from La Sophia on Etsy

Etsy’s shops are filled with charm bracelets, but La Sophia made a necklace using Barbie shoes as charms. Fun isn’t it? You can find the necklace here.

Would you wear Barbie as a necklace?

Comments (20)

1. June 1, 2011 - 10:10 AM

That is a really cute necklace and I’m not surprised Steph was wearing it. She is quirky like that and I love it! I’m really interested in the worded necklace. Is there anything on the other side? I love that it says “blasted into orgasm” HA!

• Heather Fonseca
      June 1, 2011 - 10:55 AM

@Fashnlvr, Oh my gosh I didn’t notice one of her necklaces said “blasted into orgasm”. How funny! I agree it makes the look even better. I don’t know what’s on the other side or the necklace. Maybe Stephanie will stop by and tell us.

2. June 1, 2011 - 11:14 AM

I’ve never been a fan of Barbie but my niece adores them and going by this necklace I might have to change my opinion too!

3. June 2, 2011 - 12:16 PM

Like Hajra, I’ve never been a fan of Barbie. Not even as a child. I wouldn’t wear it but I do find it cute as a button!

4. THE-LOUDMOUTH
    June 2, 2011 - 10:37 PM

Aw, thank you so much for featuring my necklace! I love it so much and I’m happy you liked it enough to post it 🙂

The “orgasm” necklace is plain on the other side and it was gifted to me by The Citizen Rosebud!

5. June 3, 2011 - 6:48 PM

@THE-LOUDMOUTH, I love your necklace! As you can see lots of other people love it too.

6. June 4, 2011 - 12:57 AM

I was a big Barbie fan as a child and yes I think I’d definitely wear it…I think that now I could pull it off better thatn at 12 or 13 because back then, all we tried to do is grow up!!!
    Now I have a Hello Kitty phase, because I always liked Hello Kitty, but when I was a kid there wasn’t the abundance of merchandise that there is today, so you know, I have to “make up for” the lost time!!!

• Heather Fonseca
      June 4, 2011 - 8:45 AM

@Anna, I love the Hello Kitty things too, though I think at the point the market for them might be oversaturated, at least here in L.A. Isn’t it funny how we like wearing these cute things now that we’re grown up, but when we were kids we found them too babyish? My daughter won’t wear any cute Barbie or Hello Kitty things anymore. Sigh.

7. Leia
    June 6, 2011 - 9:26 AM

I totally, totally would!

8. June 6, 2011 - 7:44 PM

Not a huge fan of Barbie, but I wanted to say congrats on the move and good luck.

Oh, and if you need anything crazy from Japan, let me know. I’m heading back in October to renew my drivers license and pay some taxes (oh, the wonder that is living in two countries…).

• Heather Fonseca
      June 7, 2011 - 8:41 AM

@Kionon, Hi Kionon! Thanks for stopping by! I’m now following you on twitter. Let us know how things are in Japan – I’ve heard things are still really bad.

• June 7, 2011 - 8:46 AM

@Heather Fonseca,

Cool.

From what I understand the damage is actually way north of my city (and I am currently in Texas, hence the offer). Fukushima and the area for about 20 miles is totally evacuated, and my be evacuated for many, many years. Tokyo is pretty much fine, and where I’m from (why down in Kyoto), there are no real effects.

The south did get hit with a typhoon, but in most areas it wasn’t that bad.

The big issue is how easily radiation attaches to and travels by items: food from the north is registering higher than normal radiation, and that affects everyone nationwide.

9. June 7, 2011 - 10:55 AM

I do think it is very cute. I would purchase it for my daughter who would just put it up (with the Barbie dolls she collects). I must admit, I myself would never wear it. I do like Barbie she has the closet to die for.

10. June 7, 2011 - 12:09 PM

It’s adorable and so perfect for the barbie lover. I wish I knew a barbie obsessed teen/adult because it would be the killer present!

xo Mary Jo

11. DaDDa
    June 9, 2011 - 1:22 PM

Ops! I love Barbie! 😀

12. June 24, 2011 - 1:12 PM

I think it looks so cute but I couldn’t see myself wearing it.