Connect

A Barbie Necklace

My friend Stephanie of the fashion and lifestyle blog The Loudmouth wore this Barbie necklace when I met her and some other blogger friends for lunch a few weeks ago.  She purchased it on Etsy. I love the mix of plastic roses, classic barbie profile and hand mirrors. I thought it was so cute I just had to share!

Would you wear Barbie as a necklace?

, ,

20 Responses to A Barbie Necklace

1. Fashnlvr June 1, 2011 at 10:10 AM #

That is a really cute necklace and I’m not surprised Steph was wearing it. She is quirky like that and I love it! I’m really interested in the worded necklace. Is there anything on the other side? I love that it says “blasted into orgasm” HA!

• Heather Fonseca June 1, 2011 at 10:55 AM #

@Fashnlvr, Oh my gosh I didn’t notice one of her necklaces said “blasted into orgasm”. How funny! I agree it makes the look even better. I don’t know what’s on the other side or the necklace. Maybe Stephanie will stop by and tell us.

2. Hajra June 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM #

I’ve never been a fan of Barbie but my niece adores them and going by this necklace I might have to change my opinion too!
    Hajra recently posted..WHAT I LEARNT WHEN FACEBOOK DITCHED ME!My Profile

3. Lauren Nicole June 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM #

Like Hajra, I’ve never been a fan of Barbie. Not even as a child. I wouldn’t wear it but I do find it cute as a button!
    Lauren Nicole recently posted..Some favorite itemsMy Profile

4. THE-LOUDMOUTH June 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM #

Aw, thank you so much for featuring my necklace! I love it so much and I’m happy you liked it enough to post it :)

The “orgasm” necklace is plain on the other side and it was gifted to me by The Citizen Rosebud!
    THE-LOUDMOUTH recently posted..Loudmouth Lunch – - Tofu Thai &amp Beers in BurbankMy Profile

5. Heather Fonseca June 3, 2011 at 6:48 PM #

@THE-LOUDMOUTH, I love your necklace! As you can see lots of other people love it too.

6. Anna June 4, 2011 at 12:57 AM #

I was a big Barbie fan as a child and yes I think I’d definitely wear it…I think that now I could pull it off better thatn at 12 or 13 because back then, all we tried to do is grow up!!!
    Now I have a Hello Kitty phase, because I always liked Hello Kitty, but when I was a kid there wasn’t the abundance of merchandise that there is today, so you know, I have to “make up for” the lost time!!!
    Anna recently posted..LOFT design by… store opening in KifisiaMy Profile

• Heather Fonseca June 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM #

@Anna, I love the Hello Kitty things too, though I think at the point the market for them might be oversaturated, at least here in L.A. Isn’t it funny how we like wearing these cute things now that we’re grown up, but when we were kids we found them too babyish? My daughter won’t wear any cute Barbie or Hello Kitty things anymore. Sigh.

7. Leia June 6, 2011 at 9:26 AM #

I totally, totally would!

• Heather Fonseca June 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM #

@Leia, Thanks for stopping by Leia. I could see you in a Barbie necklace. (:

8. Kionon June 6, 2011 at 7:44 PM #

Not a huge fan of Barbie, but I wanted to say congrats on the move and good luck.

Oh, and if you need anything crazy from Japan, let me know. I’m heading back in October to renew my drivers license and pay some taxes (oh, the wonder that is living in two countries…).

• Heather Fonseca June 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM #

@Kionon, Hi Kionon! Thanks for stopping by! I’m now following you on twitter. Let us know how things are in Japan – I’ve heard things are still really bad.

• Kionon June 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM #

@Heather Fonseca,

Cool.

From what I understand the damage is actually way north of my city (and I am currently in Texas, hence the offer). Fukushima and the area for about 20 miles is totally evacuated, and my be evacuated for many, many years. Tokyo is pretty much fine, and where I’m from (why down in Kyoto), there are no real effects.

The south did get hit with a typhoon, but in most areas it wasn’t that bad.

The big issue is how easily radiation attaches to and travels by items: food from the north is registering higher than normal radiation, and that affects everyone nationwide.

9. Sharon June 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM #

I do think it is very cute. I would purchase it for my daughter who would just put it up (with the Barbie dolls she collects). I must admit, I myself would never wear it. I do like Barbie she has the closet to die for.

10. Mary Jo June 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM #

It’s adorable and so perfect for the barbie lover. I wish I knew a barbie obsessed teen/adult because it would be the killer present!

xo Mary Jo
    Mary Jo recently posted..art inspired- milt glaser- i love new yorkMy Profile

11. DaDDa June 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM #

Ops! I love Barbie! :D

12. Midnight Cowgirl June 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM #

Love it!

13. Stacey - Total City Girl June 24, 2011 at 1:12 PM #

I think it looks so cute but I couldn’t see myself wearing it.