I love the Floral Fashion Illustrations on these Greeting Cards

The first time I saw a fashion illustration gracing the cover of a greeting card I was so excited. At the time it seemed so chic and avant-garde. Although it’s become much more common I still can’t help but smile when I see fashion illustrations being used on every-day products. I’m glad they have gone from high-fashion to available-at-the-grocery-store, because it means the art is available for everyone to enjoy. I saw these two floral fashion illustrations on greeting cards and wanted to share.

On the first card I saw hydrangeas arranged themselves into a gown. I don’t know the name of the illustrator who painted her pretty rosebud mouth and wavy hair, but they certainly are talented. Below, a bouquet of flowers transforms into a long skirt. stones decorate the flowers, creating a sparkly, three-dimensional effect.

A fashion illustration with bouquet

Although I have no range of greeting cards (yet) I have tried my hand at floral fashion illustrations. Below is my design and drawing of a sunflower-inspired fashion illustration. What do you think? Would it look pretty on a greeting card?

Sunflower floral fashion illustration by Heather Fonseca

I really love seeing fashion illustrations on greeting cards and have written about them several times. For more greeting card art check out Fabulous Fashion illustrations on Greeting Cards and More Fabulous Fashion Illustrations on Greeting Cards.

Comments (14)

1. May 26, 2011 - 10:58 AM

i love these. i actually buy them all the time to send love notes to my far-away friends. they’re so pretty, the card is almost a gift in itself!

xxoo

2. May 26, 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hi Gaby, thanks so much for stopping by! I agree. Some cards are so pretty they are a gift in and of themselves. I know if I received one of these I would pin it would live on my bedside table as art for a good long time.

3. May 26, 2011 - 12:32 PM

What sweet illustrations. I love hydrangeas so that top gown I would want to wear!

4. Best of Palm Beach
    May 26, 2011 - 8:07 PM

These cards are lovely, I would buy these for sure.

Veronica

5. May 29, 2011 - 12:07 PM

great! probably wouln’t buy these but would buy if it was YOUR illustration!

one of my favorite greeting card design moments was seeing one of my dolls on a “Happy 4th Birthday” card.

• Heather Fonseca
      May 30, 2011 - 9:44 AM

@anne, I remember seeing one of my dolls on a line of birthday plates and cups. That was pretty exciting too!

6. May 29, 2011 - 12:22 PM

I love these cards! I recieved one for my birthday this year and the illustration included a beautiful peacock dress! These are just too cute!

7. Leia
    June 8, 2011 - 9:11 AM

These are absolutely gorgeous! Of course I would buy them.

Also Heather, just wanted to let you know – your Blogger profile page still lists your old domain as your website. Thought I’d give you a heads up in case you want to change it to direct your traffic to this site! 🙂

8. August 29, 2013 - 5:18 PM

Beautiful work, Heather!

9. Pingback: More Fabulous Fashion Illustration on Greeting Cards - Heather FonsecaHeather Fonseca